‘Ripped from tomorrow’s headlines, Bloodland is irresistible … An exhilarating thriller from the dark heart of the global village.’ – Val McDermid
‘The debate is over … Bloodland is the great Irish novel, no argument. It has it all and it is a cracking read.’ – Ken Bruen
With echoes of John Le Carré, 24 and James Ellroy, Alan Glynn’s follow-up to Winterland is another crime novel of and for our times – a ferocious, paranoid thriller that moves from Dublin to New York via Central Africa, and thrillingly explores the legacy of corruption in big business, the West’s fear of China, the role of back room political players and the question of who controls what we know.
Alan Glynn is a graduate of Trinity College Dublin, where he studied English Literature, and has worked in magazine publishing in New York and as an EFL teacher in Italy. His second novel, Winterland, was published to huge acclaim in 2009 and longlisted for CWA Crime Novel of the Year in 2011, while his first novel Limitless was made into a film starring Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro in Spring 2011.
Win 1 of 5 signed copies of Alan Glynn’s new book Bloodlands, courtesy of Faber & Faber.
How to Win
Answer the following question correctly
Q: What was the original title of Alan Glynn’s book, which later became the recent film Limitless, starring Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro?
Send your answer to email@example.com by no later than midnight on Sunday 9th October 2011.
- Closing date for entries is Sunday 9 October 2011.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Prize Draw.
- Entry to the Prize Draw is by email only. You’re Booked accepts no responsibility for incomplete or invalid entries.
- The winning entries will be drawn at random. Winners will be alerted within 1 week of the closing date and will be notified by email.
- A list of the winners will be available under the competition post after this date.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or alternative books.
- The Prize Draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over.
- Data submitted by entrants will only be used for the purpose of this Prize Draw.
- By entering this Prize Draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
This competition is now closed. Thank you to all who entered. The following five winners have been drawn and notified