To celebrate the upcoming publication of Patricia Cornwell’s brand new Scarpetta novel, Red Mist, on 24 November we’re giving away the chance to win a pair of tickets to see Patricia Cornwell interviewed live on stage by BBC Radio Four’s Mark Lawson in a special event presented by the Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival, Harrogate.
‘An Evening with Patricia Cornwell’ will take place on Saturday 26 November 2011, 7.30pm at the Barcelo Majestic Hotel in Harrogate.
For full details of the event, click here.
Ticket Hotline: 01423 562303. Book Online
Inspired by the title of Cornwell’s new book, we’re setting aspiring writers the challenge of writing a short crime story. Your story must include the words “Red” and “Mist” and be no more than 100 words.
To enter the competition, just post your finished story as a comment below this post – making sure to provide your name and a working email address – before midnight on Sunday 20 November.
The winning entry will be the one the judges think manages to incorporate the words into the story in the most original way. The winner will be notified no later than 5pm on Monday 21 November. Please make sure you read the full competition terms and conditions below before entering.
Terms and Conditions
- Closing date is midnight on Sunday 20 November 2011.
- One winner will be notified of their prize via email no later than 5pm on Monday 21 November 2011.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any alternative tickets.
- The prize includes two tickets only. Travel or any additional extras are not included.
- Seating for the event is unreserved. The winner and their guest will receive priority entrance to the event, a benefit also available to Festival Friends.
- The competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over.
To enter simply post your story, name and email address in the comments below.
This competition has now closed. A big thank you to all who took the time to compose and submit their short story, giving the judges a selection of very strong entries. The judging panel have chosen the story they think manages to incorporate the words into the story in the most original way and are delighted to announce that the winner of a pair of tickets to see Patricia Conrwell live in Harrogate is…Eleanor Cornford. Congratulations!