Charles McCarry established an international reputation with the publication of his worldwide bestseller The Tears of Autumn in 1975, and altogether has written ten critically acclaimed espionage and crime novels featuring Paul Christopher, the most elegant of spies. Several of his books have foreshadowed events that at the time seemed too ridiculous to be possible, such as 9/11 and the Bush/Gore election scandal.
During the Cold War, he was an intelligence officer operating under deep cover in Europe, Africa and Asia, and he draws on his own experience when writing his books, giving them a tangible, believable feel. He lives in America.
‘McCarry is an exceptional novelist’ Alan Furst
‘The absolute best thriller writer alive’ P.J. O’Rourke
‘Ranks up there with le Carré in a select class of two’ Daily Mail
‘It’s like the best parts of ten John le Carré novels all put together’ Time
‘His erudition, experience and good writing turn spy stories into literature. McCarry and his dynamic alter-egos wipe the floor with the opposition’ Daily Telegraph
‘The best spy novelists were once spies themselves, including le Carré, Greene, McCarry’
The New York Times Review
We have 5 sets of Old Boys, The Tears of Autumn and the Secret Lovers to give away thanks to Duckworth Publishers.
To be in with a chance of winning simply email your name, address and answer to the following question to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 28th February.
What is the name of the spy created by Charles McCarry?
Terms and Conditions:
- Closing date for entries is Thursday 28th February 2013.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Prize Draw.
- Entry to the Prize Draw is by email only. You’re Booked accepts no responsibility for incomplete or invalid entries.
- The winning entry will be drawn at random and the winner will be alerted within 1 week of the closing date and will be notified by email.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or an alternative prize.
- The Prize Draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over.
- Data submitted by entrants will only be used for the purpose of this Prize Draw.
- By entering this Prize Draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.