Wherever you are on your writing journey, whether the first page or the final draft, Creative Thursday has what you need to make that dream come true. Covering all aspects of the business – including giving you the chance to pitch your book to those at the top of the tree – Creative Thursday is immersive, instructive and invaluable.
The day is set to let you tap into a wealth of knowledge and experience shared by bestselling crime writers, editors, agents and publishers, and to make sure you leave armed with everything you need to turn your great idea into a great book.
Schedule of the day*:
- WELCOME AND FIRST PANEL | 9.15am – 10.45am
- COFFEE BREAK | 10.45am – 11am
- WORKSHOPS (Group A: Workshop 1 / Group B: Workshop 2) | 11am – 1pm
- LUNCH BREAK | 1pm – 2pm
- WORKSHOPS (Group B: Workshop 1 / Group A Workshop 2) | 2pm – 4pm
- COFFEE BREAK | 4pm – 4.15pm
- DRAGON’S PEN | 4.15 – 5.30pm
- CLOSE OF CREATIVE THURSDAY | Finishes by 5.45pm
* Please note that the schedule is approximate and may change slightly to fit the panels and workshops.
Programme, participating authors and speakers will be announced in Spring 2024
Ticket Collection: All tickets for the Theakston Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival are to be collected from our on-site box office, located at the entrance of the Old Swan Hotel, from 3.00pm on Thursday 18 July 2024. The box office will remain open throughout the Festival weekend. Collection of tickets prior to 18 July will not be possible.
NB: Guests taking part in Creative Thursday will be able to access the Old Swan Hotel to register from 8.00am on Thursday 18 July 2024. More information will be sent out nearer to the Festival.
All events will be at the Old Swan Hotel, Harrogate, HG1 2SR. Please note that there is no parking available at the Old Swan Hotel.
For more details, view our #TheakstonsCrime FAQ here